It’s been a long week. So long that I haven’t had time to post anything juicy in a while. Don’t worry, I have 2 other posts in the works and they’re both really good.
So I’ve seen these weekly recaps on other training blogs and I think they’re a good idea. Since this is my first one and I haven’t been keeping track, this one kinda sucks, but I promise next week’s will be much better. The last 7 days saw me training for 16.5 hours with one recovery day. I logged over 40 miles running and over 150 miles biking. That seemed like a lot, and to tell you the truth, I’m more than a little beat today. This week is also going to be weird because I’m flying to Omaha to run a half marathon with my lil sis, so this is sort of a recovery week. But I need to step it up it up if I want to make my goal of a peak week of 50 miles running, 250 miles biking, and 10 miles swimming.
I eventually want to log all the food I’ve eaten, weight training sessions, and weight (as in body mass) too. But I don’t have those numbers for this week.
So here’s what I did:
- Monday: Weight lifting for 1:15:00 8.21 mile run in 1:20:11
- Tuesday: Recovery day
- Wednesday: 18.58 miles ride in 0:56:32, 4.20 mile run in 0:30:02
- Thursday: Weight lifting for 1:15:00, 18.99 mile ride in 1:17:57
- Friday: 21.20 miles ride in 1:28:54, 10.53 mile run in 1:37:57
- Saturday: 29.58 miles ride in 1:55:59, 4.44 mile run in 0:41:23
- Sunday: 66.44 mile ride in 3:51:08, 13.31 mile run in 2:09:54
- Weights: 2 session for 2 hours, 30 minutes
- Running: 40.69 miles in 6 hours, 19 minutes, 27 seconds
- Riding: 154.79 miles in 9 hours, 30 minutes, 30 seconds
- Swimming: None. Shoulder/arm still too sore.